A third dose of COVID-19 vaccine is available and recommended by the CDC for those who are moderately to severely immunocompromised. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received and organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last two years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiscott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose coricosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
The PCHD will have third doses available to those who qualify. You may want to contact your healthcare provider for advice regarding the vaccine. Appointments are now available. Please call 419-523-5608 for an appointment or go to gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov to schedule an appointment.
COVID-19 vaccines are available at the health department (usually on Thursdays), some healthcare providers and pharmacies throughout Putnam County
Visit gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov to find other providers of vaccine in the area.
Transportation services to COVID vaccine clinics are available. You must have an appointment BEFORE arranging transportation. Click here for more information.